Wednesday, March 21, 2012

In Anticipation of Spring Break

Two more days until spring break!  My students have been busy working hard on research papers and are making good progress.  We've just spent two days in the computer lab drafting and typing papers.

I'm looking forward to resting and recharging my batteries for the last few weeks of school.

The Jeep we ordered at the beginning of February has finally arrived at the dealership and we're heading over to Minden to pick it up Saturday!  I've got an incredible amount of yard work to keep me busy next week, too.  After last summer's drought there is much to be replaced and replanted.

On top of all that good stuff, I've started reading Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead and can't imagine why I've never read it before.  I've read Atlas Shrugged a few times but never The Fountainhead.  It's wonderful (so far)!

Louisiana's primary is Saturday; by all reports Rick Santorum is doing quite well in the polls down here.  In fact, Santorum will be back in town Friday for a rally at downtown's Holiday Inn at 1:15.  I'll still be at work, of course, but if Stacy McCain ventures this way on his Santorum trek I might head over and check it out.

Two more days...






No comments: