Saturday, January 16, 2016

Stitch Fix Box No. 1 Headed My Way!

Okay so I got a notice today that my first "Fix," or box, is on the way from Stitch Fix.  I'm pretty excited!

As I posted last week, it works like this: you fill out a profile, pay a $20 styling fee, and schedule your Fix.  You receive five hand-selected items and your $20 applies to the price of anything you keep. If you buy all five, you get a 25% discount on the entire box. You send back what you don't want in the prepaid bag.

No more long, wasted hours at TJMaxx or Belk thumbing through racks of clothes! And with Stitch Fix, if you have a special event coming up, just leave a note for your stylist when you schedule and you can request specific things.

I literally have need needing a new pair of jeans for six months.  I can't make myself go shop for them.  Hate it.

Since I posted last week, I've discovered a couple of Facebook boards where people buy, sell, and trade items that they decided not to keep.  You might, for example, hang on to that one top that didn't fit just right so that you could get your 25% discount by keeping all five. Then you can go to the boards and sell the top; or perhaps you wore it a few times and decided you didn't like it after all - you can sell your gently used items there too.

I'm not sure how much of that I will do, but I've had fun just reading some of the posts - it never occurred to me that you might return a top because it "clashed" with your tattoo.

I've done some research, too; this seems to be a very popular service and there is an entire cult of people on the web posting pictures of themselves in Stitch Fix clothes because if someone signs up using your referral link (see how I did that!?) then you get a $25 credit toward your next Fix.  It's a perpetual cycle! You get enough people to sign up through your link, you can get free clothes!

So yes, I'm here hawking my referral link, but really I figured why not try it?  What do you have to lose but maybe $20, and that's only if you hate everything they send you.  I'm thinking it could be fun.

My box should be here soon, so I guess I'll join the cult of Fixers and post pictures of what I receive. I requested jeans (with flared or bootcut being my preference).

If some of my local buddies would try it with me, we could swap and trade, if we got something we didn't love, without dealing with Facebook boards!

Sign up and try this with me!


No comments: